Nominations for Faculty and Support Staff positions on the NLC Education Council for the 2017-2019 term open on Wednesday, Mar 22, 2017 and close Friday, Mar 31, 2017, 4:00 PM. Elections will be held Tuesday, Apr 04, 2017 through Wednesday, Apr 19, 2017.
The positions to be filled or renewed are:
• Academic - 3 representatives
• Career and College Preparation - 2 representatives
• Non-Instructional - 2 representatives
• Vocational - 3 representatives
Note that Faculty Representatives must be nominated by faculty. Nominees must be a regular employee of the College as defined by the Collective Agreement.
Support Staff Representatives
• Support staff - 2 representatives
Note that Support Staff Representatives must be nominated by employees in this category.
In order to be a candidate for the Education Council, you must be a regular employee of the College. This definition is broader than those employees defined in the Collective Agreements, and includes the Campus Administrators, Director of Facilities, Executive Director of HR, HR Advisors, Associate Registrar, Director of Student Services, Health and Safety Advisor, Executive Assistants, and other individuals who may fall outside the traditional definition of support staff.
• Nominee must submit a completed EDUCATION COUNCIL MEMBER NOMINATION FORM.
• Completed forms must be sent to the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com or Fax: 250-782-5233) before the closing deadline of Friday, Mar 31, 2017, 4:00 PM. If using inter-Campus mail, please allow sufficient time for it to reach the Registrar’s Office.
• Nominator may only nominate one person from the category to which they belong.
Additional information about Education Council member responsibilities, nominations procedures, or election procedures is available through the Registrar’s Office. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call:
Warren Stokes – 250 784-7516
You are invited …
The Education Council is looking for staff, faculty and students who wish to become involved in setting the educational direction of Northern Lights College.
What ? To add your voice to the Northern Lights Education Council.
Why ? To become involved in this legislated governance council that works as part of the NLC team in setting the processes, policies and overall education environment for Northern Lights College.
How ? As an elected member of the council you represent the college , the students, faculty and staff; you will bring your unique experience from your area of work or study to ensure we have strong diversity of ideas and opinions.
Members are expected to:
- Attend meetings on a regular basis on the fourth Wednesday of the month from 1:15 to 3:00 pm.
- Ensure the academic excellence of Northern Lights College curriculum by actively examining course outlines and program completion guides before they are offered by the College.
- Participate in Sub-Committees and Ad-Hoc Committees when required.
- Engage in discussion and decisions regarding Education Policies.
- Carry out the responsibilities as mandated under the College and Institute Act
Being a member of Education Council can provide you with an excellent opportunity to learn and understand the full scope of what Northern Lights College does.
For more insight and information contact any members of the council or contact:
Audra Holloway (click for email) - Phone: 1-866-463-6652 or 250-782-5251 ext. 1272
Education Council Bylaws (including Elections)