POLICY TITLE: EL10 - Land Use
The President shall not allow development of College lands in a manner that is inconsistent with the core business of the College, environmentally irresponsible, aesthetically displeasing, does not take into consideration the community impact of the college with respect to land holdings, or that does not make the most effective use of land.
Further, without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Operate without a long-term land use plan for future development that will avoid infrastructure redundancy and redevelopment costs.
- Consider College property holdings as only for the community in which they are located rather than as part of the total college assets.
- Sell or dispose of land that could be used for future College expansion or support unless there is opportunity to acquire by the proceeds of the sale other property of equal or better potential for meeting College needs for land.
- Permit joint ventures or partnerships that do not provide for design and construction standards consistent with overall campus design.
- Permit new construction or reconstruction that is not energy efficient.
Date Approved: 19 Jun 2007
Date Reviewed: 16 Jun 2010