POLICY TITLE: EL2 - Treatment of Staff
With respect to treatment of employees, the president shall not cause or allow conditions which are unfair, undignified, unhealthy, or unsafe.
Further, without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Operate without procedures which clarify rules, provide for effective handling of grievances, and protect against wrongful conditions.
- Prevent out of scope personnel from grieving to the Board when internal procedures have been exhausted and the person alleges either: a) that Board policy has been violated to his or her detriment or, b) that Board policy does not adequately protect his or her human rights.
- Let the employees be uninformed regarding their rights and responsibilities under this policy.
- Retaliate against any staff member for non-disruptive expression of dissent
- Allow staff to be unprepared to deal with emergency situations.
Date Approved: 19 Jun 2007
Date Reviewed: 18 Jun 2008