POLICY TITLE: EL6 - Compensation and Benefits
With respect to employment, compensation and benefits to employees, consultants, contract workers and volunteers, the President shall not cause or allow jeopardy to fiscal integrity.
Further, without limiting the scope of the above statement by the following list, the President shall not:
- Change his or her own compensation and benefits.
- Promise, or allow any promise or implication of, permanent or guaranteed employment.
- Subject to current legislation, establish or change compensation and/or benefits (including pensions) that:
- Deviate materially from the geographic or professional market for the skills employed.
- Create obligations over a longer term than revenues can be safely projected and which are not subject to losses of revenue.
- Cause unfunded liabilities to occur or unnecessarily commit the organization to benefits which incur unpredictable future costs.
- Provide less than a basic level of benefits to all full-time employees, although differential benefits to encourage longevity of union-excluded employees are not prohibited.
- Cause any employee to lose benefits already accrued from any foregoing benefit plan.
- Treat the President differently from other union excluded employees, unless stipulated by a Board developed and approved contract.
Date Approved: 19 Jun 2007
Date Reviewed: 19 Mar 2008