POLICY TITLE: GP12 - Board and Committee Expenses
Board members shall be paid an honorarium and expense allowance for all Board and committee meetings attended, as well as any meeting attended at the direction of the Board.
- Honoraria shall be as follows: $200 per diem.
- Expenses shall be reimbursed as follows:
- Mileage allowance shall be paid at a rate of $.49 per kilometre.
- Meals for travel within Canada will be reimbursed at a flat rate of $48.25 per day, or $10.75 for breakfast, $14.25 for lunch, and $23.25 for dinner, without receipts and private accommodations reimbursed at $40/night.
- For travel in the United States, the per diem reimbursement for meals without receipts will be $50.00 Canadian
- For travel outside of North America, the per diem reimbursement for meals without receipts will be $60.00 Canadian.
- For travel exceeding seven consecutive qualifying days, an allowance of $10.00 per day Canadian without receipts will be provided for miscellaneous expenses such as laundry, porterage, local phone charges, etc.
- Board members’ spouses are not permitted to travel at College expense. If travel arrangements are made by the College for spouses, the costs shall be billed directly to the spouse at the time the arrangements are finalized.
- The College will award a framed certificate of appreciation to all board members whose terms expire, or who retire or resign from the board. Student board members must complete their term in office before being awarded a certificate.
- The certificate will acknowledge the dates of service and will be signed by the President and the Board Chair.
Date Approved: 19 Jun 2007
Date Revised: 18 Aug 2010