POLICY TITLE: GP2 - Board Job Description
The job of the Board is to represent the people of the Northern Lights College Region in determining and demanding appropriate organizational performance. To distinguish the Board's own unique job from the jobs of its staff, the Board will concentrate its efforts on the following:
- Its link between Northern Lights College and the people of the Northern Lights College Region, (defined as the College “owners”)
- Communication: Ensure that the public session minutes, value of policies and an understanding and importance of Ends statements are communicated to owners using a variety of mediums.
- Written governing policies which, at the broadest levels, address
- Ends: Organizational products, impacts, benefits, outcomes, recipients, and their relative worth (what results, for whom, at what cost.)
- Executive Limitations: Constraints on executive authority which establish the prudence and ethics boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place.
- Governance Process: Specification of how the Board conceives, carries out and monitors its own tasks.
- Board-President Relationship: How power is delegated and its proper use monitored; the President's role, authority, and accountability.
- The assurance of the President's performance (against policies in 2.1 and 2.2).
- The link between Northern Lights College and government politicians.
Date Approved: 19 Jun 2007
Date Revised: 19 Mar 2008