This Policy section pertains to the following OHS Regulation:
Part 3 Contents of a Program
Section 3.3 (d) Provision for regular management meetings
Northern Lights College is aware of the need for regular management meetings to discuss health and safety activities and incident trends, and for the determination of necessary courses of action. To ensure compliance with the regulation and continued awareness of health and safety issues at all Northern Lights facilities and locations the Senior Executive Committee reviews the recent reports and minutes circulated by the JOHS Committees.
- The HSEA will provide a summary of the following to the Senior Executive Committee
- The minutes of the most recent Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committees (JOHSC’s) meetings. These documents indicate the activities of the JOHSCs and any initiatives currently in development at the JOHSC level.
- Any new health and safety program policy drafts that have made the transition from JOHSC approval to be reviewed at the management level
- A review of any unusual incidents or occurrences that may have or did affect the health and safety of any worker(s) at the College
- Updates of procedural changes or alterations of process as a result of incidents or inspections
- Any WorkSafeBC Occupational Health and Safety Regulation changes or proposed changes and how they will affect College operations
- The summary report will be prepared in electronic format and circulated to the Senior Executive Committee for review prior to the meeting. The HSEA will provide clarification where required.
- The Senior Executive committee will assign a member to respond to any issue brought before the committee.
-- Created November 2007 | Revised December 2011 | Review Date December 2012 -----