Northern Lights College has an open admission policy for ESL students who are 17 years of age or older. Students who wish to enter the University Transfer Program must have a TOEFL score of 78 IBT, or IELTS score of 6.0. Students who have a 61 IBT,or IELTS 5.0, may take one University Transfer course or a Grade 12 Completion course while registered in the ESL program if they meet course requirements.
- Students who study English as a Second Language for less than six months do not require a Study Permit. They may enter Canada on a Visitor’s Permit.
- Students who will study for more than six months must obtain a Study Permit from a Canadian Embassy or Consulate. Study Permit processing may require three months and cannot be done from inside Canada.
Application and Payment Procedures
Please contact email@example.com for an application for admission to Northern Lights College. Once you have completed your application, you can either send your application and your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail. All applications must be accompanied by the application fee of $100 CAD. You may pay this fee using your credit card (Visa or MasterCard), by sending a money order, or by bank transfer (for bank transfer details, contact email@example.com).
Once we have received your application, transcripts and application, our director reviews your documents to determine eligibility. If you meet admission requirements, the director will authorize a Letter of Acceptance. If you do not meet admission requirements, the director may make a determination of whether or not to authorize a conditional acceptance.
We understand that it is essential to work quickly, so we will send the Letter of Acceptance (if applicable) within one business day of receiving all of the necessary documentation and the fee.
The student then must take the Letter of Acceptance to the Canadian authorities in their country to start the processing of the Study Permit.
With the Letter of Acceptance, you will receive an invoice outlining the costs of your education at Northern Lights College. In it, there will be a fee schedule. This schedule must be strictly adhered to.
Cancellation of registration prior to the first day of the semester: 50% of semester tuition (less any agent's commission paid.)
- Cancellation of registration after semester begins, but before the 10th day of the semester: 25% refund.
- Cancellation of registration after the 9th day of the semester: No refund.
- Pre-paid tuition beyond the current semester: 100% refund when written notice is received by the International Education Department at least 45 calendar days before the next semester start date.
NOTE: Students referred by agents who have been paid a commission are not eligible for a refund on pre-paid tuition beyond the current semester.
- Application Fee, Homestay Finding Fee, and Student Fee: No refund.
- First month's homestay fee: No refund if cancellation occurs less than 30 calendar days prior to the beginning of the semester. 100% refund if cancellation occurs at least 30 calendar days before the start of the semester.
Northern Lights College offers opportunities for International Students to earn University Credits.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
to obtain more information.
Northern Lights College
International Education Department
Box 1000, Fort St. John, BC
Canada, V1J 6K1
Fax 1-250-785-1294 or 1-250-787-6224