A basic accounting course emphasizing concepts and terminology.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours 25; Laboratory Hours 20)
- Applying concepts and terminology
- Understanding debits and credits
- Journalizing transactions
- Posting to ledgers
- Using a worksheet
- Completing trial balances and financial statements
- Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehension of accounting concepts and terminology
- Use source documents, analyze debits and credits
- Complete an accounting cycle by preparing journal entries, posting to ledgers, preparing worksheets and basic financial statement
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.