Students will practice and develop speed and accuracy in basic keyboarding.
Hours: 30 (Lecture Hours 9; Laboratory Hours 21)
- Correct keyboarding techniques (including use of numeric keypad)
- Correct posture and hand placement
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy in keyboarding using accepted techniques
- Achieve minimum 30 net words per minute on three 5 minute timings with 3 or fewer errors
- Demonstrate accuracy with both numeric and alphabetic keypad
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Pass (Minimum speed of 30 nwpm with 3 or fewer errors)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.