This module covers the build up and repair of composite and tubular structure, and fabric covering.
Hours: 67.8 (Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 67.8)
Total Weeks: 15
Admission into the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering program.
P4-1: Composite Project
- Draft a repair scheme for the damaged area
- Repair damage in honeycomb structure
P4-2: Fabric Project
- Complete fabric covering installation on structure
- Repair damaged covering
- Apply Identification marks
P4-4: Welding Project
- Introduction to skills necessary for repair of welded structure
- The student will complete a typical repair on a composite structure and practice skills necessary to repair tubular structure.
- The student will apply fabric to a structure and complete a typical repair to the covering.
- The student will assemble a wiring harness for a typical aircraft installation.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.