This course covers typical maintenance procedures for piston and turbine engines.
105.8 (Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 105.8)
Admission to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program
- Complete manufacturers specifications
- Reassemble engine
- Complete associated paperwork
- Install engine in runup bay and test engine
- Complete assigned inspections and maintenance tasks on various turbine engines
- The student will disassemble a horizontally-opposed piston engine, inspect for serviceability, and reassemble using manufactures references and successfully run the engine.
- The student will complete inspections and maintenance tasks on various turbine engines using manufactures references.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 35%
Percentage of Group Work: 65%
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.