This module covers the assembly and inspection of tail rotor and main rotor assemblies for helicopters an dynamic balance a rotating mass.
48.8 (Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 48.8)
Admission to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program.
P14-1 Align and Static Balance a Bell Type Semi Rigid Rotor Head
- Remove and reinstall main rotor assembly
- Simulate dynamic balance using whirlygig
P14-2 Conditional Inspection
- Complete a conditional inspection for a tail rotor strike on a helicopter
P14-3 Dynamic Balance of propeller, or driveshaft or tail rotor
- Install balancing equipment on aircraft
- Dynamically balance a propeller, or driveshaft or tail roto
- The student will disassemble, inspect, and reassemble tail rotor and main rotor installations.
- The student will balance a propeller.
Percentage of Group Work:
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.