This course covers the safe and efficient handling of aircraft on the ground and inspection procedures during maintenance.
Hours: 24 (Lecture Hours: 24)
Total Weeks: 15
Admission in to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program.
- Locate air regulations regarding aircraft ground handling
- Demonstrate housekeeping and safety precautions
- Demonstrate ground handling, towing and marshaling techniques
- Demonstrate hoisting, jacking, tying down and mooring procedures
- Discuss equipment used by helicopter operators to perform the various tasks peculiar to these aircraft
- Locate applicable air regulations
- Demonstrate preparation procedures for an inspection
- Perform a complete aircraft inspection
- Advise aircraft pilots or owners of their authorization for elementary maintenance or inspection of that aircraft
- The student will identify proper procedures for all aspects of the ground handling of aircraft.
- The student will use the appropriate regulations and instructions to establish an approved maintenance organization and establish proper maintenance procedures and guidelines.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 85
Percentage of Group Work: 15
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.