This module covers auxiliary equipment installed in aircraft for ice and rain detection and protection, fire detection and protection, and cabin equipment and furnishings.
Hours: 20.8 (Lecture Hours: 20.8)
Total Weeks: 15
Admission in to Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Program.
T19-1 - Equipment and Furnishings
- Explain the regulations concerning aircraft equipment and furnishings
- Describe aircraft upholstery, trim and flooring
- Explain aircraft seats and restraining systems
- Describe aircraft cargo areas and methods of restraint
- Describe emergency and life-saving equipment carried on aircraft
- Describe aircraft galleys and galley equipment
- Describe the maintenance of air ambulance equipment
T19-2 - Ice and Rain Protection Systems
- Explain the formation of ice and its effects on aircraft
- Explain ice detection systems
- Explain airframe and power plant de-icing procedures
- Explain how rain is removed from aircraft windshields
T19-3 – Fire and Detection
- Explain aircraft fire-detection systems
- Explain aircraft fire-suppression systems
The student will identify the components and explain the function and maintenance of ice and rain detection and protection systems, fire detection and prevention systems, and cabin equipment and furnishings.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 94
Percentage of Group Work: 6
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.