Professional issues such as advocacy, ethics, current research and growth trends are examined in this course. Students are introduced to role of provincial and federal professional organizations. Career options and continuing professionalism will also be examined.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours: 3)
Total Weeks: 15
ECED 110 Practicum 2
ECEC 200 Curriculum 2
ECEC 201 Building Professional Family Partnerships
ECEC 202 Administration and Leadership in Early Childhood Education
ECED 111 Practicum 3
May be taken concurrently
OR by permission of instructor
- Ethical practice
- Leadership and mentoring
- Assessment and evaluation
- Trends and special topics in ECE
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Identify current concerns and issues in ECE
- Plan for further professional growth
- Identify career and professional goals
- Link with professional organizations
- Network as an ECE professional
Grading System: Letters
Passing Grade: C (60%)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Additional Course Comments:
- Developed for distributed delivery with required teleconferences and/or online participation.
- Students are required to join the Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia in lieu of a text for this course.
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.