This course will be a continuation of the study of reflexology (hand) and makeup artistry. The course will be a combination of theory and practical application of the skills and techniques covered. Students will explore the creative component of makeup application for day, evening, stage, runway, photographic, bridal, television, and fantasy.
Hours: 90 (Lecture Hours: 15; Laboratory Hours: 15)
Total Weeks: 3
ESTH 110 - Unit One: Career Foundations
ESTH 120 - Unit Two: The Science of Skin and Nail Care
ESTH 130 - Unit Three: Treatments - Nail Care Technology
ESTH 140 - Unit Four: Esthetics and Nail Care Treatments
- Anatomy review
- Reflexology of the hand
- Makeup artistry
- Contraindications of reflexology and makeup application procedures
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate reflexology techniques on the hand
- Describe the intended effect of reflexology of the hand
- Demonstrate makeup artistry application for:
- Describe contraindications for reflexology and makeup application procedures
- Learners must demonstrate competencies in their skills to Industry Standards.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.