This course includes grammar, composition, reading and oral practice, aiming to bring students to a level of French language proficiency equivalent to French 12. Students will be prepared to write one and two page essays, read stories 8-10 pages in length, and gain greater proficiency in verbal French expression.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours: 3)
Total Weeks: 15
OR permission of Instructor
In each of the months we will be reading stories, practicing our verbal expression, learning about the culture of French-speaking areas, watching video presentations, and translating newspaper articles from French to English.
-Conditional tense, gerund, review of -re verbs.
- Pronouns 'en' and 'y'. Negative expressions.
- Direct object and Indirect object pronouns, the subjunctive mood.
By the end of FREN 102, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in French grammar, including the use of the subjunctive mood
- Compose short written documents in French
- Read French language documents of an appropriate complexity, including short stories up to 8 pages in length
- Speak French at an appropriate level, including being able to do a short oral presentation in French
Grading System: Letters
Passing Grade: D (50%)
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.