The Customer Service Worker course offers customer service, communication and cashier training necessary for positions in various entry level occupations.
Hours: 30 (Lecture Hours: 30)
Total Weeks: 35
Communicating effectively with the general public
- Body Language/Non-Verbal
- Listening Skills
Document use of Inventory records, sales records, and return records
- Types of documents
- Completion of documents
Handling customer complaints and inquiries
- Types of complaints
- Means of handling complaints
- Role playing
- Cash register
- Entering sales
- Calculating cash
- Counting back change
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Interact with customers, employer and fellow workers.
- Read and interpret receipts inventory and sales records
- Demonstrate document completion (inventory sales and return records)
- Demonstrate handling of customer's complaints and inquiries.
- Operate a cash register by entering sales
- Demonstrate cash calculations and manually count cash returns
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: Pass (50%)
Percentage of Individual Work: 50
Percentage of Group Work: 50
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.