Students planning a career in elementary school teaching will study the theory and application of arithmetic, geometry and data analysis (statistics) in the elementary school mathematics curriculum.
Hours: 60 (Lecture Hours: 4)
Total Weeks: 15
One of Principles of Mathematics 11, Pre-Calculus 11, Foundations of Mathematics 11, or Math 040
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Sets and Functions
- Whole Numbers
- Number Theory
- Rational Numbers as Fractions
- Decimals, Percents and Real Numbers
- Introductory Geometry
- Congruence, Symmetry and Similarity
- Algebra and Graphing
A student who successfully completes the course will have reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop a mathematical background of whole numbers, rational and real numbers, geometry and statistics
- Provide clear, concise explanations of concepts encountered in number systems, plane and solid geometry, coordinate geometry and statistics.
- Approach problem solving with confidence and to foster the same confidence i their future students.
Grading System: Letters
Passing Grade: D (50%)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.