This course is a continuation of Psychology 220 - Interpersonal Communication. Several new communication skills are introduced and practiced; additional elements of the helping model are presented.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours: 3)
Total Weeks: 15
OR consent of the instructor
- Introduction to PSYC 230
- The Skills of Confrontation
- Exploring the Story from Multiple Perspectives
- Eliciting and Reflecting Meaning
- Influencing Skills
- Skill Integration
- Integrating Microskills and Theory
- Practical Integration
The general course objectives are:
- To describe effective communication skills and strategies.
- To demonstrate the effective use of a variety of communication skills.
- To conduct interviews using a broad range of communication skills.
- To demonstrate the ability to provide constructive verbal feedback to other students in the class.
- To demonstrate the ability to work effectively with other students.
Grading System: Letters
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.