This is a Field Maintenance Course of two week duration, (60 hours) intended to meet industry's needs for qualified Helicopter Maintenance Engineers to maintain and certify the Bell 206 airframe. Most government and industry requirements for recurrent training are also met when attending this course.
Total Weeks: 2
Graduate from a recognized Aircraft Maintenance Course or AME license.
- Locate and interpret the information and instructions found in the various maintenance and repair manuals published by the manufacturer and manufacturer's vendors;
- Select and adapt methods of effective maintenance management;
- Identify and recognize routine maintenance and inspection requirements of this helicopter;
- Maintain and repair the airframe and various airframe systems of this helicopter e.g. fuel system, rotor systems, etc.;
- Use the Chadwick Helmuth Strobex equipment for vibration analysis and rectification;
- Organize and use effective trouble shooting procedures;
- Promote safety by reinforcing professional attitudes;
- Develop an overall sense of confidence with respect to their ability to maintain this type of helicopter;
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.