Students will familiarize themselves with proper use and care of gas monitors.
Hours: 4 (Lecture Hours: 4)
Total Weeks: 1
- Gas monitors
- Common gas monitoring technologies
- Principles of gas/vapour detection
- Identify hazardous conditions
- Selecting respiratory protective equipment
- Care/preparation of gas monitors
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Prevent injuries, fatalities and property damage due to exposure to dangerous substances in the Canadian Industries through better-informed workers.
- Identify the characteristics of IDLH liquids, gases and vapours.
- Students will demonstrate they have acquired the basic knowledge and skill in order to protect themselves and others from exposure to dangerous substances.
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: 70%
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.