Learn what to do if an adult, infant or child is choking, is not breathing or does not have a heart beat. This course includes CPR"A" and CPR"D". Red Cross certification 3 years.
Hours: 6 (Lecture Hours: 4; Field Experience Hours: 2)
Total Weeks: 1
16 years of age is suggested, but not mandatory
In this course you will cover:
- Checking for consciousness, airway, breathing and circulation
- Conscious choking for an adult, child or infant
- Unconscious choking for an adult, child, or infant
- Rescue Breathing for an adult, child or infant
- Signs and symptoms of a heart attack
- CPR for an adult, child or Infant
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Upon completion of this course participants will have the skills to assist a conscious or unconscious adult, child or infant, when one-rescuer CPR is required or when they are choking.
Passing Grade: Pass (There is not a specific passing grade. Whether the student passes or not is dependent on the instructor's evaluation of how the student is able to demonstrate what they have learned)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore a your local campus for current book lists.