This is a refresher course for those people needing to re-certify their level "C" certificate. Practice and evaluation of skills, as well as a written exam, are included in this six-hour course. Red Cross certification 3 years.
Hours: 6 (Lecture Hours: 3; Field Experience Hours: 3)
Total Weeks: 1
Must have a valid CPR "C"
In this course you will cover:
- Checking for Consciousness, Airway, Breathing and Circulation
- Conscious Choking for an Adult ,Child or Infant
- Unconscious Choking for an Adult, Child, or Infant
- Rescue Breathing for an Adult, Child or Infant
- Signs and symptoms of a Heart Attack
- CPR for an Adult, Child or Infant
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Upon completion of this course participants will have the skills to assist a conscious or unconscious Adult, Child or Infant when:
- One-rescuer CPR is required
- Two-rescuer CPR is required
- When signs of a heart attack are present
- When they are choking.
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: Pass (There is not a specific passing grade. Whether the student passes or not is dependent on the Instructor's evaluation of how the student is able to demonstrate what they have learned)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.