Preventing Workplace Violence aims at providing employers and workers with tools to reduce workplace violence, which has increasingly become a concern within a number of occupational sectors - health care, social services, and retail business, for example.
Hours: 8 (Lecture Hours: 8)
Total Weeks: 1
This course consists of five modules:
- Violence in the Workplace: Regulatory Requirements
- Violence Risk Assessment
- Violence Prevention Procedures
- Violence Prevention Program
- Industry-Specific Workshop
*The industry-specific workshop can be customized to meet the needs of different industries. For example, the workshop could focus on techniques to defuse hostility for an audience who serves highly frustrated clients.
Successful completion of the course will enable participants to:
- Explain regulatory requirements relevant to preventing workplace violence
- Conduct a violence risk assessment
- Establish violence prevention measures and procedures
- Develop a workplace violence prevention program
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: 60%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.