This course covers the material required for the student to obtain a Provincial Vehicle Inspector's Certification. The student will be able to properly fill out & submit the required paperwork, as well as, perform a proper vehicle inspection.
Hours:16 (Lecture Hours: 14; Shop/Teaching Kitchen: 2)
Total Weeks: 1
To be able to receive Provincial Certification, students must have a B.C.T.Q. or a Inter-provincial Red Seal Standard in Heavy Duty, Commercial Transport, Automotive, or Motorcycle Repair
Discuss & review the following:
- Motor Vehicle Act - Sec. 216 & 217
- Motor Vehicle Act Regulations - Division 25
- Vehicle Inspection Program
Inspection Manual & decals
Inspector Card & Fines schedule
Electronic forms completion
- Commercial Vehicle Alternate Inspection programs
- Overview of E-Forms process and various applicable Ministry websites
- Practical hands-on experience
- Perform a Vehicle Inspection using the Manual
- Quizzes & Provincial Certification Exam
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be capable of completing & filing Provincial Inspection reports. Upon passing the Government Exam, the student will also have Provincial Authority to perform inspections on the following: passenger cars, buses, school buses, and commercial trucks, and trailers, depending on the students mechanical qualifications.
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: 80%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Students need to supply their own coveralls & work boots for practical portion of course
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.