Superhost Fundamentals is a participatory one day workshop that addresses the fundamentals of excellent customer service. From first impressions to handling customer concerns, you will leave with practical tips that work!
Hours: 7 (Lecture Hours: 7)
Total Weeks: 1
Students will observe and participate in the following areas:
- Workshop Introduction
- Getting to Know You Exercise
Activity I - Hello! Welcome to ..... ;
- Using and Remembering Names
- Making Conversation
Activity II - Where Did Everybody Go?
- First Impressions
- Businesses That "WOW"!
Activity III - How Effective is Your Communication?
- The Communication Process
- Giving Clear Directions
- Professional Telephone Techniques (OPTIONAL)
Activity IV - The Power of Listening
- Why Handle Customer Complaints?
- Effective Listening Skills
- Empathetic Listening Skills
- The Art of Service Recovery
Activity V - Tourism - It's Everybody's Business
- The Value of Tourism
- Out and About in Your Community (OPTIONAL)
- Out and About in British Columbia (OPTIONAL)
Activity VI - Now It's Up to You
- The Five Key Commitments
- Going the Extra Mile
- Review, Evaluation and Wrap Up
Upon completion of this workshop participants will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service skills
- Describe the communication process, and the skills required to make your communication effective.
- Demonstrate how to listen to your customers in a way that shows that you care about them and their needs.
- Describe the value of tourism to British Columbia and your community.
- Explain the five key SuperHost Fundamentals commitments that assist you to 'go the extra mile'.
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.