This course provides theoretical instruction in the regulations and procedures that govern working around substations. This course makes students aware of how the professional electrical staff work in and around substations. A visit to a substation under the guidance of qualified personnel will be provided.
Hours: 6 (Lecture Hours: 6)
Total Weeks: 1
- Substation components and functions
- Safe work practice around substations
- Qualifications of substation maintenance personnel
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify substation components
- Describe qualified personnel working on substations
- Describe the function of a substation
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.