This course provides an overview of accepted Incident Investigation methodology and its benefits.
Hours: 2 (Laboratory Hours: 2)
- The incident investigation policy
- Purpose and benefits of incident investigation
- Training objectives
- The incident investigation team
- Investigation tools
- The investigation process
- Collecting Information
- Identifying all possible causes
- Determining the root cause
- Corrective and preventive actions
- Communicating findings - incident reporting
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of incident investigation.
- Outline the investigation process.
- Explain how to identify root causes.
- Explain the importance of incident reporting.
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: 80%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.