Students complete a minimum three full shift rotations at a surface mine, to fulfill the work experience requirement. The work experience will focus primarily on haul truck operation, but may also include coal plant operations. Students will follow usual training procedures for new employees, including attendance at regular safety meetings.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 216
Total Practicum Hours: 216
On the Job Experience: 216
This course is offered online:
WFTR 243 Mine Induction Training
Pre-Employment Medical (including drug and alcohol screening)
Mine related labour, or equipment operation as supervised by an employer/trainer and/or supervisor.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the relationships at the mine site between the different pieces of equipment
- Perform a pre-trip inspection on the mine haul truck
- Identify and explain haul truck controls
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop and apply new learning on the work site
- Demonstrate proper workplace behaviour
Employer Evaluation: 100 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Keys to Success:
Review the tips for staying healthy, getting enough sleep, and eating well to manage shift work. Be punctual. Ask a lot of questions and make observations while in training. Be patient; many hours are spent in the passenger seat before a trainee gets to operate a haul truck.Add Content...