This course introduces students to the various safety protocols required by workers in the electrical field. Topics include safe work practice around electrical circuits, electrical equipment and remotely energized equipment. General shop safety regarding electrically energized tools and equipment will be stressed throughout.
Hours:108 (Lecture Hours 60; Laboratory Hours: 48)
This course is offered online:No
- Wind Turbine Electrical Safe work practices
- Application of the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC)
- Wiring practices
- Rules of the CEC
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe safe work practices when working on wind turbines
- Identify safety gear for electrical work (PPE)
- Describe safety equipment used in electrical work
- Apply the CEC to appropriate electrical work
- Utilize safe work practice in lab mock ups
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.