This course introduces the student to the fundamentals of electrical power and its applications. Topics include the concepts of work, power and energy as well as machine applications and electrical circuit components.
Hours: 238 (Lecture Hours 170; Laboratory Hours 68)
This course is offered online:
- Concepts of work, power and energy
- Machine applications
- Principles of Electricity
- Concepts of electrical outlets
- Electrical Component circuits
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply concepts of work, power and energy
- Apply principles of electricity
- Explain the concepts of electrical circuits
- Explain basic electrical machines
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.