This course introduces the student to the form, function and operating principles of meters and test equipment. Test procedures are explained and practiced.
Hours: 36 (Lecture Hours 24; Laboratory Hours 12)
This course is offered online:
- Common meter features
- Voltage measurement
- Current measurement
- Resistance measurement
- Power and energy measurement
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Set up and demonstrate meter use for voltage measurement of a circuit
- Measure current in a given circuit
- Measure resistance in a given circuit
- Measure and record energy monitoring data
- Measure and record power reading on a meter
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Course Offered in Other Programs: No
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks:Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.