This course introduces the student to the practices of the Wind Turbine industry regarding planning, site preparation, foundation installation, tower construction, nacelle installation, blade installation and commissioning of wind turbines.
Hours: 54 (Lecture Hours 36; Laboratory Hours 18)
This course is offered online:
- Site planning
- Site preparation
- Foundation preparation and installation
- Tower construction
- Nacelle installation
- Turbine blade installation
- Turbine commissioning
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the procedures for site planning and preparation
- Describe the procedure for foundation installation
- Describe the procedure for tower construction
- Outline nacelle installation procedures
- Describe turbine blade installation processes
- Describe the various roles in turbine commissioning
Final Exam: 50 %
Assignments: 15 %
Field Experience: 15 %
Participation: 20 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.