This course introduces the students to the various fluids used in wind turbine operation. In addition students will study seal configuration and performance. Troubleshooting procedures for lubrication, fluids and seals is also covered in this course.
24 (Lecture Hours 16; Laboratory Hours 8)
Total Weeks: .8
This course is offered online: No
- Fluid seal types
- Lubricating fluid types and applications
- Installation of seals
- Troubleshooting lubrication systems and seals
- Wind turbine seal applications
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the function of fluid seals
- Identify seal types and applications
- Identify fluid types and applications
- Describe typical troubleshooting techniques for fluid systems and seals
- Identify seal applications and locations on hydraulic systems
Passing Grade: 70%
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Course Offered in Other Programs: No
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.