This course introduces the students to the process of planning construction and maintenance projects related to wind turbine parks. This course includes dealing with contract workers, sequencing of project work, safety and certification regulations on the work site and environmental considerations when work planning.
Hours: 57 (Lecture Hours 38; Laboratory Hours 19)
Total Weeks: 1.9
This course is offered online: No
- Safe work procedure planning
- Engaging contractors for specific work
- Environmental considerations
- Governmental regulations guiding work completion
- Work sequencing
- Work completion documentation
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the process for planning a safe work procedure for the project
- Identify required elements for engaging independent contractors
- Describe environmental considerations related to wind park development
- Describe governmental regulation compliance
- Prepare a simple work sequencing plan
- Describe work completion documentation
Passing Grade: 70%
Final Exam: 50 %
Assignments: 25 %
Participation: 25 %
Course Offered in Other Programs: No
Supplies: Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.