Students will develop competency in using basic functions of a word processing program on a personal computer. They will also learn basic formatting rules for business letters, tables, memorandums, and reports.
Hours: 60(Lecture Hours 32; Laboratory Hours 28)
Formatting topics will include:
- Basic letters
- Parts of a letter
- Business letter styles
- Personal letter styles
- Basic Reports
Word Processing topics will include:
- Formatting basic documents
- Saving and retrieving documents
- Using spell checker and thesaurus
- Using cut and past features
- Applying character formatting
- Paragraph formatting
- Bullets and numbering
- Page numbering
- Headers and footers
- Creating/entering text
- Merging cells
- Sorting data
Upon successful completion of this course students will have developed proficiency using the basic commands of a word processing program. Students will be able to correctly format business letters, memorandums, reports, and tables
- Manage time effectively by setting objectives, organizing, planning, prioritizing, and scheduling activities, routines, and projects
- Achieve business standards for efficiency and quality of work.
- Apply ethical standards with respect to privacy, confidentiality, and personal behavior.
- Define and solve problems both independently and in teams, using creative problem-solving approaches
- Select, apply, and customize computer software tools such as word processing, spreadsheet, data base, computerized accounting, presentation, electronic communication, and desktop publishing to business procedures from one situation to another.
Grading System: Percentage
Passing Grade: 70%
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.