The student will acquire a higher degree of keyboarding accuracy and speed through a comprehensive, individual, scientific approach to keyboarding.
Hours: 30 (Lecture Hours 5; Laboratory Hours 25)
Minimum keyboarding speed of 30 wpm with three or less errors
- Use diagnostic procedures for analyzing and correcting key stroking techniques
- Use accuracy and speed drills
- Use correct keyboarding techniques
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Keyboard accurately and quickly using proper techniques
- Achieve minimum 45 net words per minute on three 5-minute timings with 3 or fewer errors
Grading System: Pass/Fail
Passing Grade: Pass (minimum speed of 45 nwpm on three 5-minute timings with 3 or fewer errors)
Percentage of Individual Work: 100
Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.