Students will be placed in an 80 hour practicum. Efforts will be made to provide placements in line with student preferences, and employers will be requested to provide a variety of tasks in line with the student's learning objectives. If a practicum placement with an actual employer cannot be offered, students will complete their practicum in the shop under the supervision of their instructor.
- Total Practicum Hours: 80
- On the Job Experience: 80
This course is offered online:
- AUTD 090A Foundation Trades Training,
- AUTD 090B Trade Mathematics
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Improve and expand upon their newly acquired skills
- Apply theoretical knowledge
Use initiative to identify tasks
Use time productively at all times
Select and use the appropriate tools
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
- Practicum placement dependent upon instructor's discretion.
- CSA approved footwear
- Safety glasses.