Security is the number one concern of computer users. Whether on the Internet or inside corporate networks, robust security is a must. This course provides the opportunity for the student to learn how to implement, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot security in a network infrastructure. For students interested in pursuing a CompTIA Security+ certification, the materials presented in the course will be helpful for the certification exam.
Hours: 45 (Lecture Hours)
Total Weeks: 15
This course is offered online: Yes
Pre-Requisites: ICT 108 Operating Systems 1
Non-Course Pre-Requisites: NONE
An Overview of Security
General Security Concepts
Identifying Potential Risks
Infrastructure and Connectivity
Implementing and Maintaining a Secure Network
Securing the Network and Environment
Security Policies and Procedures
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between a broad range of security threats and configure workstations to reduce these.
- Identify and reduce the threats that may potentially affect a networked environment.
- Maintain access control within a network.
- Conduct risk assessments and audits
- Identify the common forms of cryptography and their benefits and risks.
- Identify and reduce the potential for risks identified in the corporate organizational structure.
Grading System: Letters
Passing Grade: D (50%)
Text Books: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.