This course is a continuation of Psychology 220 - Interpersonal Communication. Several new communication skills are introduced and practiced; additional elements of the helping model are presented.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 45
Lecture Hours: 3
This course is offered online:
PSYC 220, or consent of the instructor
- Introduction to PSYC 230
- The Skills of Confrontation
- Exploring the Story from Multiple Perspectives
- Eliciting and Reflecting Meaning
- Influencing Skills
- Skill Integration
- Integrating Microskills and Theory
- Practical Integration
The general course objectives are:
- To describe effective communication skills and strategies.
- To demonstrate the effective use of a variety of communication skills.
- To conduct interviews using a broad range of communication skills.
- To demonstrate the ability to provide constructive verbal feedback to other students in the class.
- To demonstrate the ability to work effectively with other students.
Assignments: 60 %
Other Pertinent Information:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Associate of Arts Diploma - Fine Arts
Associate of Arts Degree
Social Services Worker