The learner will examine methods of positive, effective, developmentally appropriate guidance for School Age children.
Total Hours: 45
SACT 101, ECTA 119, and ECTA 101 or ECED 120 or SACT 120 , Courses can be taken concurrently, or by permission of the instructor.
- Understanding behaviour
- Defining goalsand examining the Macrosystem
-Developmentally Appropriate Child Guidance
- Understanding and preventing problem behaviour
-Theoretical approaches to child guidance
-Dealing with groups
- Developing a personal approach
-Supporting children and families
- Support services in your community
- reflect on beliefs and values about school-age guidance
-develop long term goals for behaviour management
- understand the implications of developmental appropriateness as applied to child guidance
-identify types of problem behaviour and how environment and programming can be arranged to prevent problem behaviour
-gain an understanding of several theoretical approaches and develop a personal approach combining elements of these.
- examine strategies of empowering children and encouraging prosocial behaviour and character development
-explore strategies for communicating effectively with families
- explore services available in your community for children and families with severe problems
Assignments: 100 %
School Age Care Certificate