Students will familiarize themselves with proper use and care of gas monitors.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 4
Lecture Hours: 4
This course is offered online:
- Gas monitors
- Common gas monitoring technologies
- Principles of gas/vapour detection
- Identify hazardous conditions
- Selecting respiratory protective equipment
- Care/preparation of gas monitors
- Control of substances hazardous to
- Prevent injuries, fatalities and property damage due to exposure to dangerous substances in the Canadian Industries through better-informed workers.
- Identify the characteristics of IDLH liquids, gases and vapours.
- Students will demonstrate they have acquired the basic knowledge and skill in order to protect themselves and others from exposure to dangerous substances.
Final Exam: 100 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Required - n/a, Student Manual