Superhost Fundamentals is a participatory one day workshop that addresses the fundamentals of excellent customer service. From first impressions to handling customer concerns, you will leave with practical tips that work!
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 7
Lecture Hours: 7
This course is offered online:
Students will observe and participate in the following areas:
Getting to Know You Exercise
Activity I - Hello! Welcome to ..... ;
Using and Remembering Names
Activity II - Where Did Everybody Go?
Businesses That "WOW"!
Activity III - How Effective is Your Communication?
The Communication Process
Giving Clear Directions
Professional Telephone Techniques (OPTIONAL)
Activity IV - The Power of Listening
Why Handle Customer Complaints?
Effective Listening Skills
Empathetic Listening Skills
The Art of Service Recovery
Activity V - Tourism - It's Everybody's Business
The Value of Tourism
Out and About in Your Community (OPTIONAL)
Out and About in British Columbia (OPTIONAL)
Activity VI - Now It's Up to You
The Five Key Commitments
Going the Extra Mile
Review, Evaluation and Wrap Up
Upon completion of this workshop participants will have the ability to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of excellent customer service skills
- Describe the communication process, and the skills required to make your communication effective.
- Demonstrate how to listen to your customers in a way that shows that you care about them and their needs.
- Describe the value of tourism to British Columbia and your community.
- Explain the five key SuperHost Fundamentals commitments that assist you to 'go the extra mile'.
Final Exam: 50 %
Participation: 50 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Required - Unknown, Superhost Fundamentals Face-to-Face WorkbookAdd Content...