This course introduces the students to safe work practices around wind parks and wind turbines. Students are introduced to the safe work practices to be observed during construction, assembly and working with independent contractors.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
This course is offered online:
- Working with contractors
- Engineering considerations
- Road works and site prep safe work practice
- Equipment safe work practice
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify hazards when working in the wind park environment
- Describe safe work practices when working on construction sites
- Identify safe work procedures during equipment assembly
- Describe safe work practice related to multiple activity sites
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Quizzes and Tests: 80 %
Participation: 20 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Required - BZEE, BZEE Curriculum Manual (BZEE). Chapters Covered: SelectionsAdd Content...