This course provides theoretical instruction in the regulations and procedures that govern working around substations. This course makes students aware of how the professional electrical staff work in and around substations. A visit to a substation under the guidance of qualified personnel will be provided.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 6
Lecture Hours: 6
This course is offered online:
- Substation components and functions
- Safe work practice around substations
- Qualifications of substation maintenance personnel
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify substation components
- Describe qualified personnel working on substations
- Describe the function of a substation
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Quizzes and Tests: 40 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Field Experience: 25 %
Participation: 25 %
Nature of Participation:
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Required - BC Hydro, Substation Operation and Maintenance (BC Hydro). Chapters Covered: SelectionsAdd Content...