The goal of this program is to prepare individuals with little or no experience as floorhands to work safely on a service rig. Students will be evaluated on theory and practical training. Successful completion of this course leads to PITS Certification.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 40
Lecture Hours: 5
Field Experience Hours: 35
This course is offered online:
Roles of service rig personnel and roles of service companies
Systems and components of the service rig
Floorhand duties and responsibilities
Rig equipment maintenance
Rig up operations
Rod handling operations
Pipe handling operations
Structure of the petroleum industry
- Learn to work safely on a service rig and demonstrate they have a wide foundation of knowledge and skills to work as effective member of a rig crew.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of service rig personnel.
- Know the major components of a service rig.
- Conduct risk assessment and hazard identification procedures for all aspects of a service rig.
- Learn to safely use and maintain tools and fittings.
- Prepare site, cleanup and shutdown.
Assignments: 33 %
Other: 66 %
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Required - n/a, Service Rig Floorhand Course Manual