The Literacy course includes the TOWES (Test of Workplace Essential Skills) to assess the student's essential skill level and need for training in reading, writing, document use, computer skills and thinking skills. The course uses workplace documents such as catalogues, manuals, and regulations to increase skill levels in the essential skills required to successfully maintain employment.
Total Weeks: 15
This course is offered online: No
Once completed the student will be able to:
- summarize information by reading from workplace materials
- produce written workplace documents
- complete workplace documents
- perform workplace computer skills
- demonstrate thinking skills for workplace scenarios
Passing Grade: 50%
Quizzes and Tests: 25 %
Assignments: 50 %
Participation: 25 %
Course Offered in Other Programs: No
Textbooks: Textbooks are subject to change. Please contact the bookstore at your local campus for current book lists.