This course introduces the student to the fundamentals of electrical power and its applications. Topics include the concepts of work, power and energy as well as machine applications and electrical circuit components.
Date First Offered:
Total Hours: 238
Lecture Hours: 170
Laboratory Hours: 68
This course is offered online:
- Concepts of work, power and energy
- Machine applications
- Principles of Electricity
- Concepts of electrical outlets
- Electrical Component circuits
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Apply concepts of work, power and energy
- Apply principles of electricity
- Explain the concepts of electrical circuits
- Explain basic electrical machines
Use initiative to identify tasks.
Use time productively.
Select and use appropriate tools.
Final Exam: 20 %
Quizzes and Tests: 70 %
Lab Work: 10 %
Percentage of Individual Work:
Course Offered in Other Programs:
Coveralls, footwear having CSA approved safety-toe protection, CSA approved safety glasses with clear lenses, learning modules, notebooks, and calculator.
Keys to Success:
Maintaining a professional attitude
Successful study habits
Receiving a minimum 70% in the program
Required - Industry Training Authority, Electrical Manual First Period (Queens' Printer). Chapters Covered: Selections